Vaughan, Keith (1912-1977)
After attending Christ’s Hospital school, he worked in an advertising agency until the war, when as a conscientious objector he joined the St John’s Ambulance. In 1941 he was conscripted into the Pioneer Corps. Vaughan was self-taught as an artist.
His first exhibitions took place during the war. In 1942 he was stationed at Ashton Gifford near Codford in Wiltshire. Paintings from this time include “The Wall at Ashton Gifford”, now owned by the Manchester Art Gallery.